INTERNSHIP AT OTTO
Your internship at OTTO is an exciting experience right from the word go – and one you can only benefit from. We’ll be by your side right from the start and will make you feel at home in our team. Right from day one you’ll gain a deep insight so you know how one of the world’s biggest online shops for Fashion and Lifestyle really works.
- Apply 3 – 6 months before you’d like to start your internship. Take a look at our current vacancies on our Job Exchange.
- Your internship will be between 3 and 6 months long.
- You’ll receive a monthly allowance of €800 for a Bachelor’s degree or €1,000 for a Master’s degree. If you qualify under the German Minimum Wage Act you’ll receive €1,480 per month.
- You’ll work a 37.5-hour week, with flexible working times thanks to our flexitime scheme which lets you adapt your hours to suit your personal circumstances.
These are just some of the many reasons why OTTO is the best place for you to do your internship, all in a supportive working environment. Our proven culture of feedback and ongoing support from your personal intern contact in your respective specialist Area are guaranteed to make your internship a success and a valuable complement to your studies.
As a fair employer OTTO offers you countless discounts and benefits such as flexible working hours, great-value meals in the OTTO Canteen, reduced-price membership of our Fitness Lounge as well as a range of interesting sports and leisure activities. You’ll get to enjoy a 15% discount on all articles at otto.de, and up to 70% off consumer electronics at our highly popular durable goods online shop! On top of this, when you want to go exploring beyond OTTO you’ll get a discounted monthly pass for Hamburg’s local transport network.
And if you can’t bear to say goodbye to us at the end of your internship, you can continue working with us as a working student, or write your thesis at OTTO.
What can you look forward to as an OTTO intern?
- Your team is ready to help and by your side every step of the way – right from the very beginning.
- When you start, we’ll give you an overview of everything you need to know. We’ll give you the low-down on our Employee Portal, the OTTO Campus plan and our central communications tool ‘Outlook’.
- Our Intern Organisation Team (IOT) will keep you up to speed with a weekly newsletter, will provide tips on what’s going on in around Hamburg and will organise after-work events.
- You can put questions to the online intern community, discuss topics and find an overview of events so you get to know lots of people straight away!
- The joint intern lunch is held once a week, and is another great opportunity to make interesting contacts.
- As a new intern, things will be a little unfamiliar to you at first. To make things easier, just sign up for the OTTO Mentor Programme and you’ll be helped by an ‘old hand’. Even if you’re an intern or working student who has already been at OTTO for some time, your OTTO mentor will be there to guide you, show you around, take you along to events and introduce you to other interns.
- In addition to all of this, there are loads of fantastic internal further training opportunities awaiting you on mySession.
Are you an IT specialist and interested in e-commerce?
- A transparent approach to work is what matters most in our E-Commerce team. SharePoint, Confluence and Jira are among the basic tools of our trade.
- If you’re on an internship in an agile SCRUM team, this description of project-management SCRUM method [link in German] will help you hit the ground running.
START YOUR INTERNSHIP WITH US HERE:
STRAIGHT ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS!
Interested in an internship at OTTO? No matter what you want to know, we’re ready and waiting to answer your internship questions in person via WhatsApp. We’re available every Tuesday and Thursday for an hour between 11:00 and 12:00 CET. You’re also welcome to WhatsApp us any time and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
It's as easy as this:
- install the latest version of WhatsApp on your smartphone
- save this telephone number: +49 170 5520595
then follow the instructions below, and you can chat with us directly via the app at the above-mentioned times.
- The Conditions of Use and Privacy Statement on WhatsApp (link to: https://www.whatsapp.com/legal/).
- Please don’t share any personal information (e.g. date of birth, address, or similar) with us, and don’t send us any pictures, videos, your location or contact information.
- We will not store your mobile number and name, or use this information for any other purpose other than for WhatsApp chat use.
- Please understand that we can only answer your questions during the chat times stated above. Chat times do not apply on public holidays.
- Our telephone number is only for making contact via WhatsApp, and is not for making phone or video calls.
Want more insider info?
Take a look at meinpraktikum.de [link in German]. Be inspired, and get an initial feel for things with real views from actual interns.
You might also be interested in